Monday, August 23, 2010

Ragging Days : Life was Beautiful

Ragging  Days : Life was Beautiful

No, it was not the 1st day of campus,certainly not. It was two or three days later of my first introduction to campus. Some of those guys caught hold of my neck and took me with them. The path they took to arrive at a very famous station called Marine Drive was a thrilling one. It gave me a feeling of some kind of adventure that you can think about ‘Harry Potter’ without any ..... b/w thighs. It was like the trailor of a movie, and the movie was going to start. Camera/Roll/Action.

Seniors started their questionnaire round. It was a kind of Bournvita Quiz Contest consisting of only one round ‘Rapid Fire’. Awards were also of unique nature. If you gave a wrong answer, you were turned to be in cock position and if you were smart enough to come up with a correct answer, the nature of award was again the same. 1st question that rolled to me was “Who is the most beautiful babe in your batch?” It was a surprize for me in two ways. First it was my 1st day in campus and I hadn’t seen many of them and second I am very shy when it comes to girls. “Boss, none of them”. They acted reflexly, “Buffalo, be in cock position. Do you think yourself as ‘Brad Pitt’ searching for ‘Angelina Jolie’?” Later, I came to know that all were vomiting out the same name ‘Kamini’ (Name changed).So I mugged it up for next time but the problem was I didn’t know her by face, which turned out be an another nightmare for me as I was not able to recognize her. S o m e o f m y batchmates reacted to it and said that seniors are behaving like ox. I opposed. Yes, they may have a pair of imaginable horns on their head looking after us, but they do have a horn which is not
a dysfunctional one, so it is better to call them bull rather than ox.

Another incident happened with me – an interesting one. One of my seniors asked me what’s the full form of ‘PMT’? Answer came naturally to me ‘Pre Medical Test’. They said not this one. Then I tried to be smart and said Pre Mature Testicles’, and all of a sudden they started laughing. Later I came to know that it was ‘Pia Milan Tree'

Most fascinating part of all this mess was being ragged by senior girls. We were always informed in advance and to full surprise their used to be almost no absenties. We were always happy to see the girls in jeans and colourful tops, rather than our she-batchmates in white dresses. I had always likes for the girls with their hair open rather than being tied like a wagging tail, and a green ribbon flurring along with it. So the day arrived, one ma’am asked me to dance. Now that was a pitiful situation for me. I had never danced before, but it was a request in form of an order. So, I tried some of the steps for which even MJ would have given a thought. I was promised a treat but I never got one. Ma’am if you are reading this, then try to fulfill your promise, and I am looking for a date.

Seniors kept us fit (physically) through roof-top Kabaddi. Seniors used to see us as superhumans. So they turned us into supermen. If Tolstoy would have been alive, he would have been very happy to know that some people in one corner of the world were trying to turn his fictional character (from Man into Superman) into a living legend.

In the course of all these nonsense and stupid things, I was made to do some sensible things, I had to propose a girl. I did it in a mystical way. She was not happy, but I was.After all which girl likes a fat guy except some cases torn apart. It was a good day for me, atleast for the 1st time I opened my heart to some one. We were given some beautiful definitions describing human body to remember. How can I forget the oath we took on the last night of our ragging period? This whole period was full of humour, missing your classes for nothing and still being happy. In bargain we also won the blind supports of our seniors and unity we all RIMSONIANS share with each other. A fact about us is ‘United we stand and we can not be divided’.
Life always looks beautiful in colourful frames, but the most wild and beautiful things we carry are memories, which are always black and white, the costliest possession we have. I would like to say that my batch does have some good girls. Couple of our female batchmates have been already booked by our seniors and what are we left with contains only supernatants. Amidst all these things I must tell you that one of my friends proposed one girl in the same batch and it has already been accepted. After so many days, we really miss our ragging days. Those beautiful days which can not be forgotten. The memories are still fresh with us. After completion of 1 year in college, the new batch arrived and this time we grabbed the hot seat of Quiz Master with the same question ‘Who is the most beautiful babe in your batch?”



Gita Bipin Chandra
2007 Batch RIMS,Ranchi

No comments:

Post a Comment